In simple words, the Raspberry pi is a small computer. The size of a Raspberry pi is like the size of a credit card. Basically, the Raspberry pi is a CPU. They are so many ports to connect the various input-output devices with it. Like they have USB ports, Lan cable port, audio jack, display connector, power connector, etc.
This is how Raspberry pi looks like:
As you can see that the size of raspberry py is so small. But they have more features than a computer. Like they have GPIO pins to attach various sensors like a flame sensor, motion sensor, fingerprint scanner, etc. The GPIO stands for General Purpose Input Output. In raspberry pi, there are 40 GPIO pins.
The pin diagram of GPIO pins are:
Why the Raspberry pi board is so popular?
- Due to its small size.
- More features than a computer
- Advance level projects can be easily made by Raspberry pi
Specifications of Raspberry Pi are:
- CPU: Quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex A53 clocked at 1.2 GHz
- GPU: 400MHz VideoCore IV multimedia
- Memory: 1GB LPDDR2-900 SDRAM (i.e. 900MHz)
- USB ports: 4
- Video outputs: HDMI
- Network: 10/100Mbps Ethernet and 802.11n Wireless LAN
- Peripherals: 17 GPIO plus specific functions, and HAT ID bus
- Bluetooth: 4.1
- Power source: 5 V via MicroUSB or GPIO header
- Size: 85.60mm × 56.5mm
- Weight: 45g
Raspberry pi port diagram:-